At The FreeWay Free Methodist Church, where my family and I attend, we have a "Preaching Team" ministry. I am a member of this ministry along with a handful of other folks, and one Sunday in every five, one of us takes the pulpit and shares, either whatever God places on our heart that week, or takes part in the current sermon series being preached by our Pastor.
Today, it was my turn, and my message was based on Ecclesiastes 3:16-22. I titled it, the same as this blog post. "Life: It Ain't Fair, but That's Just Life"
I have to tell you, this was possibly the most difficult sermon I have ever had to speak. I found myself welling up with tears, my heart breaking, as a looked at my church family and spoke these words. Thankfully, my voice remained steady... the truth of this passage is powerful. it can help us find freedom and joy in life... but it also can make us look at some very painful and harsh truths about God's perfect justice.
I'm not going to say much more, but if you like, please give it a listen. I hope you will hear the truth of this message, and that God will use it to impact you, and your life, as He did for me, as I spent time in this passage this week.
Click here, to listen.
as someone who was there at the preaching event that Sunday, i can say i am quite confident that God really did use you and your words to impact many. thank you for your authenticity and transparency (both on the Sunady, and here); may he continue to use you like this in your preaching ministry as you continue to serve!
ReplyDelete