I haven't opened it since September of 2015. At the moment that seems like a lifetime ago...
At that time our children (and myself obviously) were younger and I had no idea what lay ahead for my family and I.
At that time our children (and myself obviously) were younger and I had no idea what lay ahead for my family and I.
Since then, I have left my career as an IT professional and started to fully pursue vocational ministry in the Free Methodist Church in Canada. I have taken the difficult and painful step of saying goodbye to The FreeWay(http://thefreeway.ca/), (a church I helped to plant over eighteen years ago) and I am currently serving as Associate Pastoral Intern at Trulls Road Free Methodist Church. (http://www.trullsroadchurch.com/)
This decision was a huge one for my wife and I to make. I am so very thankful to have her in my life, supporting me and cheering me on.
Trulls Road FMC is the church I grew up in, which is both surreal, and wonderful for me. I feel a tremendous amount of love and support from this community of believers.
Returning to school and enrolling in seminary was quite daunting to me. All of my previous education was in a technical field and to be honest, I was never the best student in my younger days. It wasn't that I wasn't interested... I have always loved to learn. I simply had different priorities then, as opposed to now.
In high school, and even in college, I worked hard(ish) at being a solid 'C' student. I would take each course syllabus at the beginning of each semester, and decide which assignments I could "miss" and still exit the course with a passing grade.
Today, I am studying in a field I am immensely passionate about, and loving every minute of it. By God's grace, I find myself working in such a way that I have been able to maintain an A- average over the course of my studies thus far!
In high school, and even in college, I worked hard(ish) at being a solid 'C' student. I would take each course syllabus at the beginning of each semester, and decide which assignments I could "miss" and still exit the course with a passing grade.
Today, I am studying in a field I am immensely passionate about, and loving every minute of it. By God's grace, I find myself working in such a way that I have been able to maintain an A- average over the course of my studies thus far!
I say this, not to brag, but in the hopes that if anyone reads my blog, they may be inspired by my story. If God calls anyone to do anything, He always provides what is needed to accomplish the task. I am no exception. God doesn't do the work. He provides what one needs to do the work.
Through this journey I am learning to trust Him more, and more. The deeper I go in my studies. The more I am challenged and stretched in how I think about faith, The Bible, and God Himself, the more certain I am that God is worthy of that trust.
Through this journey I am learning to trust Him more, and more. The deeper I go in my studies. The more I am challenged and stretched in how I think about faith, The Bible, and God Himself, the more certain I am that God is worthy of that trust.
I'd like to say that I will devote more time, and be more intentional about maintaining this blog. But, as my last post ought to demonstrate... I should not be making such commitments at this time.
What I will say is this: If anyone is still watching... I'd be interested in feedback. Are there topics that might be interesting to dialogue about? Are there tough questions that you wrestle with that perhaps we could explore together? Do you share with me a disdain for the Montreal Canadiens? Do you feel that the Maple Leafs might be building a team that might win one day? Are you a fan of Sherlock Holmes as written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
What I will say is this: If anyone is still watching... I'd be interested in feedback. Are there topics that might be interesting to dialogue about? Are there tough questions that you wrestle with that perhaps we could explore together? Do you share with me a disdain for the Montreal Canadiens? Do you feel that the Maple Leafs might be building a team that might win one day? Are you a fan of Sherlock Holmes as written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
If my blog were to become a safe place to exchange ideas, ask questions and ponder this journey we are all on, then to me it would be a worthwhile endeavor.
If anyone is listening, I'm here and willing to explore what this might become.
No comments:
Post a Comment