This weekend I returned from a wonderful vacation to the Maritime provinces with my family. On the long drive home I realized that it had once again been months since I posted anything here. I felt a bit guilty.
That bothered me.
So, I asked myself why I blog at all?
I write these posts as a way to process, unpack or interact with my life and my journey with God. It is a place to examine my thoughts and experiences, the concepts I'm learning at seminary and the way God is at work in my life. Here I can look at what's going on, turn things like a gem to see how light reflects off of the different facets and how as my perspective changes, so does what I see. Here I can wrestle with and develop my faith. I don't write my blog posts to gain followers, or to get attention. At the same time, I do hope that if I'm writing about something I'm wrestling with, or if I've learned something new and wonderful or even challenging about God, that maybe I'm not the only one and perhaps what I'm thinking might help you too.
With all of that in mind, the guilt I had been feeling settled down and I got comfortable with the idea that this blog will be... intermittent. I realize this isn't the way to keep up followers or maintain an effective blog presence. But as I said, that's not why I'm doing this. So, if you're reading this... I'm glad. I hope I have something helpful to write. Also, if I don't write for awhile that's fine. I hope you come back when I do.
I sat down this evening and I did write down a list of possible blog topics and as time permits, I'll hopefully be more active here for the next little while. If not, well... I'll get to those thoughts sometime.
For now, I'll leave a brief list of some of the half-baked ideas I might work through on here in the coming weeks:
- The mystery of God: How mystery doesn't mean we can't know God, but that God is infinitely knowable. (This comes from some of the writing of Richard Rohr)
- Proverbs 26:4-5
"Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes."
I'm sorry... WHAT???
- If God IS, then His existence ought to impact my life on every level.
- Jesus prays "Father forgive them, they don't know what they are doing."
Stay tuned. I'm hoping to get to these and others in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment