Wednesday, August 07, 2019

When Life is Wild...

I've said many times that God has taught me more about Himself through my role as a father, than any other element of my life.

This summer I was blessed to help lead a week long vacation bible school program at my church and I want to tell you, this was one amazing week! As we prepared for VBS, I spoke to our leadership team as well as our volunteers about how, while we were preparing to disciple and teach these kids about Jesus we ought to be prepared for God to use the kids to disciple us and teach us about Jesus too.

Wow! I can't say it happens all the time... but man, I was RIGHT. What an incredible week!

We welcomed more than 80 kids each morning and the place was electric with their joy and enthusiasm. These kids were hungry to learn about Jesus. I think as adults, we learned about worshiping with complete abandon, learning and growing every day, the value of memorizing Scripture and how genuinely good it feels to be generous and help others.

I also had the privilege of preaching the Sunday after VBS as we invited all of the kids' families to join us for a BBQ after church. So, rather than try to capture all of the wonderful moments from the week in writing, feel free to give it a listen here.

If you ever feel like life is unfair or scary, if life changes or gets sad and even when life is good, remember... When life is wild, God is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment